Chevron Corporation has come together with USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering collaboratively to host a summer camp for High School Juniors and High School Science and Math Teachers at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. The Frontiers of Energy Resources Summer Camp offers a preparatory, interactive training program focusing on various energy resources including fossil fuels, solar, biofuel,wind, nuclear energy, and information technologies for energy efficient operations. This unique program is designed to introduce outstanding high school students going into their senior year and high school math and/or science teachers to the opportunities and career possibilities available in the global energy resources industry.
- Individuals who are selected on a competitive basis will attend summer camp without charge.
- All materials, supplies, reference books, notebooks, housing, and meals will be provided.
- Students will develop problem solving techniques as well as team building skills.
- Students will receive a full college experience by living in a residence hall, eating in a dining facility, and accessing gymnasium and pool amenities.
- Teachers selected will receive a stipend in addition to tools and resource materials for their classes.
- All interested individuals are encouraged to download an application at: http://cisoft.usc.edu
For more information contact:
Center for Interactive Smart Oilfield Technologies
USC Viterbi School of Engineering
3710 S. McClintock Ave. RTH 311
Los Angeles, CA 90089